A few weeks ago we published Part One of our Diary of a Loft Conversion, and now we’re back for the grand finale. As we mentioned last time out, most loft conversions in London can be completed in around 6-8 weeks depending upon the requirements of the job.
By weeks 5-8, much of the important structural work is in place and it’s time to start turning part of a house into the most inviting rooms in the home.
Below, we’ve outlined the major milestones throughout the second half of one of our recent building projects. We were required to install a large rear dormer loft conversion to create a luxurious master suite; complete with bedroom, walk in wardrobe and en suite bathroom.
We pride ourselves on meeting every deadline we put in place and that doesn’t just mean the heavy lifting; it means decorating too. Our team of interior designers, builders, plumbers and decorators ensure that customers have a completely finished space to enjoy from day one.
How do we manage it? Read Part Two of our London Loft Conversion Diary to find out.
• Plasterboards are fitted in preparation for the arrival of our plasterers.
• The Plastering begins. It’s hard work and we generally allow for a week to get the job done right to a high level.
• Second fix plumbing and electrics. This means installing all light fittings, tiling the bathroom, fitting all bathroom sanitary ware and also fitting radiators; and making sure they work.
• Second fix carpentry work, including skirting boards, architraves, coving, fire doors and bespoke carpentry work such as our fitted dressing room.
• Decorating. The finishing touches that make all the difference. By the time the week is out the room is ready to be lived in and enjoyed.
All that’s left is for the happy family to get in there and enjoy the space for years to come.